Saturday, September 29, 2007

California

This week I am in the land in which I was birthed. California, as usual, is treating us great and the weather is perfect. We are only here for a few days but are managing to zigzag up and down the state getting very little sleep and squeezing in a few rock shows while were at it. We have been presented with many technical challenges as is always the case when we fly but we've been able to overcome them and have some good shows. I love coming back here but it is always so strange now. I grew up here and know the state very well so it is very odd to come back as a visitor. It still feels somewhat like home because it always will but i actually almost feel out of place now sometimes when i come. Next week we start our fall tour which will be a lot of work and I'm fighting trying to get over a cold. I hope we have enough time to recover before the craziness starts. I have a couple more days to spend here in my favorite state and then I get to head home and be with my 2 favorite girls. Hopefully I'll be able to post some more interesting topics and thoughts soon.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

hi, busy Dave! Sorry to hear you're not getting enough sleep and are fighting off something. But i'm sure no matter how bedraggled and worn out you all may become in your travels, i'm sure you're top notch in all your shows (as has been my only experience with dh events!) Yeah, its odd to feel odd in your former home, i feel that way when i go to my home town *i've been living away from it for 26 years now* used to belong, now i visit. i've adjusted well though after all this time. Well, the cool thing is you have your own little Cali who is waaaay better than any parcel of land could be. . and whose name will always be a wonderful association for great memories!