Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Touring


We've just finished the first and longest leg of our fall tour. It has been a lot of fun hanging out with Jason and Taya Gray again and this time we have Lanae Hale joining us as well. We are extremely blessed to have been on a bus for this trip which makes it feel like a school trip with all your friends or something. We even got to take a sightseeing trip to Mt. Rushmore. This tour although fun with friends has been challenging as well. We have a full production which is fantastic but it takes a lot of work to put it all up and tear it down every day. I think everyone has worked together really well though and things have run fairly smoothly. We have definitely had a few hiccups and problems but hopefully nothing that the audience would notice or ever really know about. I think the show this fall is the best it's ever been which is why it is a bit sad and frustrating that more people aren't there to see it. The crowds have been fairly small but the ones who are there have been very gracious and had a good time with us.

One great thing about this tour so far for me is the fact that I get to have my family with me. I can't even begin to tell you what a huge blessing that is. I remember dreaming and praying about what it would be like to travel and do this job with my family and now it is a reality. I was sitting on the bus, which is another thing we have prayed a long time for, and I looked over at my wife on one side and my beautiful sleeping daughter on the other and I was filled with so much gratefullness tha t I was in that moment with them. Another cool thing this week was that it was Jess' birthday. We had a fun little celebration on the bus after the show with a cake and all.

This job is very difficult sometimes and we are taken away from family and friends and the normalcy of life so often. Often times I feel so worn out but after a week like this I feel so grateful for where God has me. I love the people I get to work with and feel so blessed to share life with them and to share this crazy life in particular.

To see some great pics from this week check out jess' facebook here.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

what a warm post, Dave. . despite some probs here and there, it sounds like you've had a really good experience with this tour!! Rob and I look forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor!! (we're bringing our youngest daughter and her friend too).

Cherylyn. said...

Dave,
I'm so thrilled for you that you get to be with Jess & Cali on the road!
& everyone who is in your presence is grateful for all the extremely hard work you do to make sure things go smoothly for the guys!
downhere just wouldn't be downhere without you & jessica!
i'm getting pretty super pumped to see the new spectacular show & seee our downhere family again.
we're going to bring as many friends as we can to keep the crowd from being small!

<3