Sunday, April 13, 2008

Out and About



It looks like it has been awhile since I wrote some words on this here little blog. Don't worry though, I have a great excuse. I've been working like a little monkey in a circus. We are on tour right now and sometimes that's just how it feels. We are doing 27 shows in 5 and a half weeks which means a lot of time away from home and not much sleep. We are barely a quarter of the way done and I'm tired. For this tour I am, as I have been before, the only tech person. This means that I get to wear a lot of different hats and try to make the show sound and look good at the same time. Fortunately the band guys have really stepped up and are pulling their weight. They are my crew and they are finaly getting things nailed down so that setting up and tearing down are much smoother. We are out with Shawn McDonald and our good friend Jason Gray. Shawn and his band are very kind and have been a lot of fun to get to know. The tour is gelling really well and the shows have been good. On this tour, like most we are on, we are focusing on World Vision child sponsorships. This has been going good too and many kids' lives are being changed every night. So, that's where I've been lately. I don't usually find myself with much time for writing or energy. We are working 18 hour days sometimes and the last thing I want to do is type. I will try though to offer some updates and tour tidbits. The hardest part of this tour, obviusly, is being away from my beautiful wife and daughter. Cali is growing so fast and I hate missing it. I do know that it is all part of God's plan though. I am really looking forward to tomorrow which is a day off at home. Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

busy guy! I'll keep you all in my prayers, Dave. like a monkey in a circus. . . lol!