Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cali Isabella


I would like to introduce you to the sweetest thing around, Ms. Cali Isabella Lewis. This wonderful person enterd our world on May 25, 2007 and has blessed us more than we could imagine possible. Cali is the fullfillment of a dream that I have had for a very long time. For some reason one of my biggest goals in life and greatest desires was to have a family. Specifically i had a desire to have a little girl. The bond between father and daughter is a beautiful thing and something I always prayed for. So, I could not have been more excited when we found out that we were going to be having this sweet beautiful girl. I feel like God had promised me the desires of my heart and he fulfilled them, let alone the fact that he gave me the most amazing wife too. Cali's name literally means God's beautiful promise. She is everything I dreamed and prayed for and I can only thank God for the blessing he has bestowed. I am humbled to be given such a precious gift and pray God will give his wisdom and grace to raise her up in His ways. I'm sure Cali will make an appearance in many of the posts to come.

5 comments:

supersimbo said...

Dave its good to have you back in blogworld........you definately have a lot to say and i look forward to checking the blog. It was great to see all you guys again, we missed Jess though..........and we will try to make plans to come over to you guys sometime.....maybe next year!! We would love to meet Cali.........reading your post scares me though!! parenthood is something that terrifies me to my very core, you may have saw that on my face when you asked us about kids........ but i guess we will leave that one with God for now.

Holly said...

Hey Dave, that's really cool to find out the meaning of Cali's name! I had no idea... Where did you research the name meanings?

Dave said...

We picked the names and googled to find the meanings. Cali means beautiful and Isabella is a vow or promise from God.

nancy said...

we have a Callie. we adopted her from China when she was 10. her middle name, Jin, also means beautiful. Callie has a port wine stain birthmark covering her face, so we wanted her name to reflect how we and God saw her.

Unknown said...

dave, i just read through your newest blogs and i'm very proud of the work God has done in you. you have grown a lot in your faith, it is evident. this particular blog about your daughter is beautiful and brings tears to my eyes, remembering the days we spoke for hours and you longed to be a daddy. i pray that as she grows up she will bring you many unexpected blessings.