Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's gettin hot in here


Global Warming, seriously? Last weekend, Nashville, which is in the South, got more snowfall than it has had in a decade. It has been one of the coldest winters here in a looong time. I wonder if my neighbor just a few miles north (Al the weatherman Gore) was able to use his solar panels when they were covered under 4 inches of snow in march? I have always been a big skeptic on the global warming issue mostly because it always seemed like it was just a great way to make a lot of money and gain political power. If you scare people and make them think the world is going to end unless they make these changes, then you can convince them to buy whatever "green" product you are selling. One of the most lucrative products in business right now is anything with "green" attached to it. Now, I'm all for taking care of the environment and more fuel efficient cars, but I think people are being manipulated into believing something that is just not entirely true, often for financial or poltical gain. I think in some ways the "green" bandwagon is good because new technologies are emerging. As a result, the environment, and more importantly mankind, will benefit from it. This, however, does not justify the actions of many who distort the truth and use fear tactics to get what they want. So just this past week I have come across several very intersesting articles. It appears I'm not the only one who feels this way anymore. Many reputable scientists are finally coming out against the theory of global warming. Here are some links to some interesting reading:

Global warming: Is it really a crisis?
Evidence of Global Cooling
The sun also sets

My neighbor Mr. Gore would have us believe that there is a consensus of scientists who support the theory of global warming, but in truth, there is no such consensus. In fact, it seems the consensus may be leaning the other way. This last article I will post I find somewhat amusing and a brilliant idea. It looks as though the founder of The Weather Channel, John Coleman, has had enough of Al the weatherman Gore and wants to openly debate him. Unfortunately, Al is not interested in debating. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he would lose. If Al is shown to be a fraud his credibility would be completely shot and he might actually have to get a real job. So, Coleman's plan to get Al to debate? Sue him for fraud. If he sues Gore for fraud they will have to show all the evidence in a court of law and the facts on global warming will come to light. This could be very interesting. So stay tuned to see what happens. Hopefully we won't all melt or freeze before we find out. Here is the article:

Weather Channel founder sue Al Gore for Fraud

3 comments:

kathryn said...

i'm not sure how i feel about global warming? I don't know who to believe? how can i know who to believe? if its true, of course it scares me. . a lot.

Twelvestone said...

Ha ha ha, the dry humor of this post made me laugh! Hi, I'm a downhere fan. I appreciate your behind the scenes work, and I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog. A couple months ago I watched a documentary along these lines (debunking global warming), and when I tried to google any rebuttals, all I found was a powerpoint which a logic professor had posted for his students, picking at a couple technicalities of the presentation but not addressing the actual information.

lisa ekström said...

You might find this excellent (long) series very interesting reading. Well worth the time it takes!
http://www.wesjones.com/climate1.htm
(The links for the continuing parts 2 and 3 are at the bottom of the page)
Best regards!